Sunday 2 October 2016

ASS2 - Project 2 - Words To Pictures

Exercise turning words into pictures

    For this exercise, I have got to take a word from a list in the course book.  I have decided on the word 'Fashion'. I now have to draw everything I can that comes to my mind and not to be too concerned about how they look.







      I have now sketched my ideas and thoughts of fashion, I just sketched what ever came in to my head. I ended up using strings buttons materials anything I could think of to do with fashion such as clothing shoes hats bags and technology.

       I tried to think as much as I could about the word and I then captured a scene in my head of a cat walk :A crowd with a lady walking down the catwalk, posing to show designers clothing. I also used materials to create her outfit that she was wearing.

Below - I attempted it again but with the word 'Safari'



         I realised this is another form of thinking up ideas, but it has a more visual aspect to it. For me is better as being creative using words are fine but having something to look at is better for my memory than words.

     Adjectives are most difficult to draw because say for example: jumping - you need someone or an animal to illustrate jumping perhaps using lines to show lift up off the ground.

      For getting ideas for the Fashion word, I was thinking in my head about my wardrobe, TV, what's on the news ,celebrity information and things I've seen on the Internet. To draw out this way is a great way to document visual items as you go throughout the day which gives inspiration and ideas for your next Project.

Exercise Making a Mood Board


      For my mood board I decided to choose theme 'change of season' as it is the end of August and start of September. September in now when the leaves are starting to fall off the trees flowers a dying and the atmosphere is changing to Autumn.

     I started to collect different colours that reminds me of autumn: dried leaves I found on the floor, twigs, bark, grasses, plants, and anything that reminds me that autumn is upon us. I also found some summer flowers in the garden which were a lovely purple colour to show the essence of summer. I also found green leaves to put into my mood board which helps to show the end of summer too. I then thought of colours and used paint colours such as copper, gold, oranges and brown to add to my mood board.


      This is another great was to capture ideas for what ever project you are creating. It make you see everything that you relate to that theme. 

Spare time Art

     Today I decided I just wanted to be a little creative and do an illustration of my choice. Recently I had been to Landudlow and went to a zoo there and sketched for a bit. I sketched Flamingos, penguins and Ostriches.

I looked back at me sketches and began to draw. I decided on the Ostrich as at the zoo he had character and I have a happy funny memory of him trying to peck my fiances bag of crisps.

I started drawing him and I really like the way I created mini curls on his body to repusent his feathers.

I then used real feathers for this tail and wing that I had take off a dream catcher.



      I was really chuffed with the outcome and I posted in on Facebook and I got some great positive feed back. I really like my style and using natural objects in to my illustrations. I really like the 3D effect and will definitely attempt to do more.

I also today sketched the below poodle. My friend had asked me to draw her pet dog Molly. When I go round her house Molly is spoilt rotten, so I got her posh personality in my illustration of her. My friend love it and not I have a few people asking me to draw there pets now.


No comments:

Post a Comment