Sunday 2 October 2016

ASS2 - Project 1 - The Brief


Write A Brief

      For this exercise I have decided to use the below illustration. I have chosen this illustration because I admire the art that has been created with a metaphor:

   Here is my brief for the above image:


Dear Illustrator,

  This illustration we require is to advertise a new fish burger. We would like the advertisement to be a rectangle size to fit in some of our windows.

    In the illustration we would like to show a fish in the image to advertise the burger. We want to make it look fun and pleasing to the eye our fish comes from the oceans so we would like a sea theme.

    We would also like a metaphor in the illustration. We have thought of one which makes people think of hunger 'Whales eat Boatloads' We want our customers to have a connection with the writing and the image that they can relate to.

   We would like our logo on here and also the name of the actual burger we would also like an image of a burger implemented into the illustration somehow. The promotion of this fish burger is to give our customers a feel good idea to promote a burger that is healthy. Our audience is for a wide range from children to adults so it must appeal to all ages.

For colours we want a sea theme so greens blues, sands are ideal.As this is an illustration for fish and water we would like the illustration to be done in perhaps watercolour and then tidied up using Photoshop. For the text the front needs to be a pirate kind of style a bit jumpy so it stands out on the poster and people can understand it clearly.

Kind regards

Macdonald

My opinion to my brief

 I think the brief I have made above, clearly indicates to the illustrator what the company want from their advertisement. I looked at the illustration and went through identifying the product, what we want to get from the product, who we want to aim for and using the metaphor to advertise the burger. I think the actual illustration made is quirky, eye catching and makes you think of a tasty fish burger.

Exercise spider diagrams

      In this exercise I have got to create four spider diagrams and list many words and ideas I can think of. I am not going to begin and see how I get on.




     Here above are my spider diagrams I created in my sketch book. Our of the four words I found that angry was the most difficult to think about. This is because it is an emotion not an object or a place, it is a feeling and there are only so many words you can think of and ideas that go with an adjective than an object, you are describing and adjective which is a lot harder.

   The strategy in which I used, was to think of an object in my head imagine I was there or how I felt or look back in my memory, in my past and think of things that remind me of those places, feelings or pastime. I think from memory you then realise you actually know a lot when digging deeper in to your memory bank, certain places, feelings of past come back to you.

Event: City  of colours

     Today I went to a festival in Birmingham Custard Factory called the City of Colours. It was a two day event where 140 graffiti artists were free to spray on every wall they can around that area in Birmingham. There were all different art types from graffiti, dancers, entertainers, painters and music artists. Here are a few photos which I took when I was there I had an amazing day and got great inspiration.



Above - Members of the public were able to get involved and draw on a wall.



Above - I really liked this one because of its colours and the idea of the woman's head being a planet.





Above - This artist was really cool. We saw this wall at the start of the day, which was basic and his are work looked really amazing. I really liked his characters.


Above - Unfinished spray painting










Above - Carmen, my partners sister who lives with us, shes in to art so its really cool to have her around.



 Above - I love this graffiti. The colours are vibrant and I like the illustration created.





 Above- Here was saw some stencils on the floor to which some graffiti artists used to do their art.

   We also found that most before this event sketched in their sketchbooks of what they wanted to create on the walls before hand. We got to see some cool sketch books with there work in.




Above - We also saw artists using scaffolding to reach higher places for there art.






Above - Here is myself with one of my favourite graffiti art from the event. I love the slick lines and the bright bold blue background that makes the characters stand out.
















Above- A graffiti Artist using a stencil on his geometric idea.











Above - My favourite painter Durer's Famous rhino which I admire a lot.



Above - there was a giant tree man, which has been there for years. He is great to look at and very inspiring.



Above - A man sprayed on the giant chimney




I met a few of the graffiti artists, one was from America who did a graffiti art of some rabbits. Graffiti is great. They are illustrators in a way who which do their work on a larger scale. Some include meaning and opinions to make people see and try to understand.

Most people find graffiti an annoyance or a mess but actually it was really something brilliant!

We had a fab day. there was also a market area with people selling their craft items. Here are some below:


Here below is a lady who painted but also melted crayons and let them drip down her canvas. She was really in to marble effects and her style was very quirky.




Above - A lady had an idea to make bags with ugly faces on them. I asked here about them and she had actually made the teeth from wax and hardened it. They were really fun to look at. 


Below - Another lady we met had a thing for mushrooms and she created with what ever she found to do art ideas from mushroom inspiration. I really liked the bark with the mushrooms clinging on to them, like they would in a forest. She also covered bowel with lots of her own illustrations which was effective.




Above - 3D images made with paper and layers.

Bellow - A man illustrated this, he was really good at capturing celebrities personalities and faces in his work.







Above - Me and Carmen finishing our lovely day off with a reflection snap on the bull ring.


Custard Factory sector in Birmingham is a really great place.It used to be an actual custard factory but it closed down many years ago. A man came along and brought the area and said that this area is to be used for creative people in any aspect and they are free to use the space. It is a great place to be and all artist gather there to get creative and meet other artist from dance, graffiti, digital and painters, you name it theirs a bit of everything. we are defiantly going to keep looking for upcoming events to go to and get involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment