Wednesday 8 March 2017

ASS3 - Project 6 -Visuals

View Point

   For this exercise first I have to pick a theme and select objects from around my house that fit the theme. I then have to arrange them in various ways and take photos of all different angles.

I decided to use the summer time theme. I have found a summer hat, sun glasses a flower, suntan lotion, a fan and flip flops. I have used a beach towel for the background,

I am now going to take photos and see what interesting angles I can come across.

All items centred

Fan put in to the background

I tried to fit the items in to the hat. I like this composition.


More objects now further away


A view from above the items

I am now going to try using a viewfinder:

below - A zoomed in selection using my view finder.

I decided I wanted to try a view finder that is a different shape so I decided to try a circle: 




As you can see above it has created a interesting way of looking at an area and I think how I have placed the objects work well together.


Next I have to not look at the items do the same thing but this time sketching out the views I am looking at creating.


For the sketching above I also used different shapes of viewfinders, to see what views I could capture.


    After taking photos and drawing I have decided to go with the photo using the circle viewfinder. I like the objects composition and I like how the viewfinder is in a circle shape. it fits well with the illustration the circle represents the sun.

I am now going to attempt to draw it and create a line drawing of the area chosen.


      I have now sketched it out and I drew around the viewfinder to get the same size, so I can proportion it easier. I am going to use a black pen to create the final detailed line drawing.

Here below is my final line drawing:







   I am really happy with it and the circle viewfinder has worked well. you can clearly tell what the objects are and my illustration tells you the theme is summer. 

Which viewpoint best fitted the word your objects illustrated? Why was this?

    The viewpoint best fitted the word I chose because the objects are in a great composition and show my idea well. The circle viewfinder has enhanced my illustration making it more fun to look at. 

Which format best illustrated your words?

    The format I used to create my illustration was the best one. However, I did like the angle I got when I put the objects into the hat.

Did changing viewpoints make you think differently about your choice of objects
and arrangement of them?

     Yes, I wanted to capture a bit of each object in my illustration hoping that the textures would enhance my summer time theme. I could have spent a day taking and looking at different views. doing this task has made me realize that I need to be quite observant when trying to create an interesting illustration from real life objects.

Client Visuals

    For the next challenge I have got to look at to previous illustrations and draw them to their basic line structure but to still aim to show what is in the illustration. 






Above is am illustration done by Turcois Arte. I am now going to attempt to draw the basic structure and see how clear I can keep the illustration idea with little lines as possible.


   I think this is a good attempt. you can still make out what the object is and the idea of the burger. I am going to attempt again and this time try even fewer lines.


     This is my second attempt above. it is very basic and look like a 4-year-old has drawn it. I prefer my first attempt as it is broken down the image to a basic image but still, has enough good detail. I would not me happy to send the second one to a client as I would feel embarrassed of my work.


   I am now going to do the same again but for the dragon illustration below.



    Here above is my first attempt I think again it has turned out well. you can understand the concept and what the illustration is telling you.


    Above is my second attempt. There is less detail but I still can understand what is going on better than my second attempt for the pig burger illustration. I am going to leave this a few days and come back to it to have another look to see how I feel about the basic ideas of lines. 

Having had a few days away I think my first attempts on both are great line illustrations to capture the idea. The second pig one is definitely rubbish and It is not understandable very well. The second dragon one still actually works well and give you a good indication where the main characters are going to be in the story.

    This exercise has shown me when you are putting a draft together for your clients that they can be fewer lines as possible but enough to gauge the concept of the illustration to the viewer.

Other Art

Here below is some more art I have been doing:

Continuing my Artist way to become more inspired below.


     Illustration for Vaquita below. I sent this to the WWF on Instagram, they had put a post up about protecting this creature that could be extinct next year.





Below - A quick illustration I did of a naughty raccoon.


Wolverhampton Art Gallery Visit 

   Today I went and had a visit to the Wolverhampton art gallery to get some inspiration. I heard that they currently had some good exhibitions there.

Roy Lichtenstein -Pop Art

   Whilst looking around his exhibition, these below were my favourites of his work.

Look Mickey, 1961, oil on canvas
Look Mickey.jpg

   Well you know I had to pick this one because it's Disney. I like how hes looked at the original comic art and made it in his own pop art style. Usually his work entails a lot of dots to for a picture but this was blocks of colors put together.

Whaam! 1963 diptych painting 
Image result for Whaam!

     This is an action painting of a plane taking the other out. It is vibrant and clear to the eye. He did this painting over a few canvasses and has put them together to create a whole image. 

Water Lillies with Cloud

   Here above is the one I likes the most. He has used a metal sheet and added different layers and textures to capture water. There are some areas he has created ripples and some areas he has left the metal smooth and you can see your own reflection just like in actual water. The colours work great together and I was looking at this for a while so it deffinatly caught my eye.

Chila Kumari Burman

    
This artist inspired me with her use on collages and having messages in them. I like how she mixes culture with candy and ice cream. it is very unusual and its different. I admire her for taking a risk as it has paid off. 


Ice creams above with a Hindu woman.


Ice cream with collage of tigers Above.

No comments:

Post a Comment