Tuesday 7 June 2016

Illustration 1 - Introduction and course aims

Hello welcome to my blog for Illustration 1.

I am about to start this exciting course, but thought I should introduce my self and state my aims and what I want to achieve.

A bit of background about myself:

     Since I was a child I have always been in to art. I have always loved drawing animals and creating funny stories with my illustrations.

   When I was 22 I decided to create a children's book, as I thought I had a really good idea. I wrote the story and drew all the characters that I wanted to use.        
  
      When it actually came to putting pictures to my book, I struggled and I just felt my drawings were not up to scratch.  I then looked for courses to do and then came across the OCA and I just knew instantly that I wanted to do a degree. I decided on the the creative arts degree, as it was about multi areas of art.

   So far I have done Drawing 1 and Painting 1. I feel drawing one helped brush up on my drawing and helped me see some bad habits that I had picked up. Painting 1 was a real challenge but I am so glad I did it. I really enjoyed learning how to paint and finding my style in painting.

    Now I have arrived at Illustration 1 and I am really excited to get started. Illustration is definitely what I love to do and now that I have done drawing and painting courses first, I now feel ready to give it a go and see what I am actually capable of.

   My main aim is to become a children's illustrator, I know it's a big market and there is a lot of people trying to follow there dreams too but that has not put me off ....Its what I really want to do. I plan to work hard and make sure I follow one of my life's aims.

Imagine doing something for a living that you just love to do!

So let's get started!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment